What is Notice Kiosk?
It's a virtual space for local updates, bulletins and places created to help you discover how cool your area really is, and it's FREE.
To learn more please play the video below.
What are Notice Kiosk Credits?
OriginsLearn some things about us
NoticeKiosk.com takes its origin in the solution which is as old as the human civilization itself, however the unique, trademarked, patented and copyrighted way of presenting it (yes we did) is 100% ours. What is the origin? The solution comes from all the notices that have been posted for thousands of years by people, starting in a form of drawings in caves made by early humans, through Egyptian and Mayan hieroglyphs still present on pyramids and Chinese/Japanese signs wide-spread in Far East Asia and more presently in a form of paper posters, posted on physical stone or concrete pillars which have been ubiquitous in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Poland, Russia and other European Countries since late 19th century (now mostly in Eastern Europe). Obviously the same concept is a basis of bulletin boards present on college campuses all around the United States.
By why is it important anyway? Simple. Almost everybody knows Craigslist in the US, Kijiji.com in Canada and Gumtree.com in the UK and other European Countries and other interesting ad portals all over the world. We know those classified ad portals as well as you and we love them, adore them and fully support them (honestly). However they all have the same basic idea: categories and text posts you can find if you know what you’re looking for. And here is the catch!
What if you don’t know what you’re looking for?
Sounds strange? Actually if you think about that it’s not so strange. How many times have you had that moment in your life, in which you simply didn’t know what to do, but you knew you wanted to do something interesting or let’s say move out to a new apartment but you simply were so bored that you didn’t even want to actually look for it, or you were bored with your job but you were postponing the job search, because you didn’t know what type of job would be interesting for you etc.? We bet many times.
If you don’t know what you’re looking for you will never find it and either you will go with your friends to the same place as always or stay home or by some accident you will get invited to some special place by someone you barely know from Facebook (happened to us many times), or you will stay in the same apartment for years and in the same dead-end job forever etc. And now comes the resolution! The huge advantage of paper notices you can find on real life bulletin boards is that you don’t have to search for anything, you just scroll over them with your eyes and when you stumble upon something of your interest (whether it’s a job, a housing offer, an event, a stuff for sale, a gig, a car etc.) you stop and you note down the phone number and you call, simple as that.
The same is with our local Notice Kiosks. You don’t have to type any keywords, any names etc. (we provide that option as a plan B, but the main goal is so you won’t have to type anything, but we know you might have gotten used to the way you navigate on standard classified ad portals). You just have to choose the neighborhood you’re interested in, let’s say East Village, Manhattan, NY and immediately you are transferred to a local virtual Notice Kiosk on which you will find hundreds of posts posted by local people regarding jobs, housing offers, events, gigs, cars and so on. When you get there you just scroll over them with your cursor and every time you are over one of them the brief content pops out so you don’t even have to open them to read them, simple, fast and efficient (you can see the full notice view if you click on the thumbnail). How does it sound now? You’re the one to decide.
You wanna know more? Here it is. We created our portal to help local communities grow and present all the best features they have to offer and we know there are amazing things which are not presented properly to others but if they were, then everyone could find something for themselves. And we want to help with doing that, helping spread the knowledge. Our great mission is to help all neighborhoods in the world to grow and prosper and cooperate to build better world and better future for all mankind.
We provide a solution for options in your neighborhood which you don’t know that you don''t know about
A street notice kiosk in France
A street notice kiosk in France
A street notice kiosk in Poland
1. What is the notice Kiosk for?Click here to learn some things about us.
2. Where do you get your information?We might have a team of 5,000 elves and robots constantly walking the streets, telling us of all the interesting things they see, and posting them to the site... well, the part about robots is closer to being accurate... But many posts come from people just like you, trying to share information or find someone who is looking for something to do or take home to eat, or any of the other things people post about. Would you like to contribute a post to your neighborhood? (Insert post button)
3. I represent a University. I notice other Universities are getting their own special Notice Kiosks that help them feature campus events, so students can be more involved in extra-curiculars and campus-wide activities. Why doesn’t my University have one, and how can we fix that?Good news! If you don’t have a kiosk yet, we can fix that. We love education, and would be happy to create a special kiosk for your University for free. Contact us to arrange for this to happen.
5. I can’t access my posts! Help!If you’ve lost access to your active ads, meaning you lost our confirmation emails, please type in the email address you used while posting, and confirmation emails will be sent again. If you don''t remember the email address you used in order to post your ads, please use the contact form.
6. When can I get my hands on a mobile app?Very soon! Keep checking on our facebook page, follow us on twitter, or join our mailing list for updates.
7. What’s the difference between posts and places?Posts are like listings in the classified section of a newspaper: They range from goods and services, to things like jobs, workshops, classes, apartments, and events.
Click here to create a free post.
Places are ...well, places... like businesses, hospitals, beauty salons, night clubs, restaurants, or art spaces in the neighborhood that have a physical location you can visit. Interested in having your business listed in Places? Click here.
8. What kind of things will I find?That’s the best part. There is a universe of possibilities, and they are constantly changing. There’s only one way to find out.
9. I live in Toronto, a tragic and sad place over a million miles to the north, when will we have a notice kiosk of our very own?Soon! Our goal is to bring Notice Kiosks to every major city in the world. To quote a great songwriter from your homeland, “First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin”. Toronto is near the top of our list!
10. I want free things! Can I sort my results by price?Why yes, you can! Click the button that says “sorting options”, then where it says “sort”, choose to sort by ascending or descending prices.
11. Can I save my results?If you click on a particular post or ad you are interested in, you can click the blue plus sign to Share your result by email or on one of the many social networks we so adore.
12. I need to buy a seeing eye-dog for a hilarious prank I want to pull in Greenwich Village, can you help me?Well, you can click “Sorting Options”, then enter keywords. You could look in both “posts” and “places”. Some keywords you might try could be: dog, blind, psychologist. We’d like to take this opportunity to point out that although we do our best to moderate content on the site, we are not responsible for the way people try to use it. Good luck!
13. Can I post directly to notice kiosk, or is the information culled from craigslist and kajijii?See f.a.q. 2. (above).
14. How can I review the services I find through notice kiosk?Navigate to the place you want to review, and click “add review”. If you want to submit a review of Noticekiosk.com, please email it to ____________.
15. My band is gonna be huge once we learn how to play instruments! But for now we get by on food stamps and garbage picking. Can we advertise for free? Please? We’ll pay you in food stamps and garbage...Tell you what: Keep the food stamps and garbage. You can post for free. Just keep practicing, and click the POST button in the upper right corner of the site.
16. I love NoticeKiosk.com and I want to work for you! Are you hiring in my city?Why yes, we are! Fill out this contact form.
17. My question isn’t listed here. How do I find an answer?You can fill out this contact form, or ask us on our facebook page, or twitter.
18. Is NoticeKiosk.com integrated with google+?It will be soon!
19. My question isn’t listed here. How do I find an answer?You can fill out this contact form, or ask us on our facebook page, or twitter.
20. Is this site safe for children?What’s really safe for children these days? Would you let your children talk to a whole bunch of anonymous strangers who live nearby? I would. But you probably shouldn’t.
Acceptance of Terms
Rules and Conduct
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on or through the Service, including without limitation any User Submission, that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgur, pornographic, offensive, profane, or otherwise inappropriate as determined by Notice Kiosk in its sole discretion;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail ("spamming");
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without Notice Kiosk’s prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Notice Kiosk or any third party; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Notice Kiosk.
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Notice Kiosk in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Notice Kiosk’s (or its third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures Notice Kiosk may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site.
You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction, (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service, or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
Third Party Sites
The Service may permit you to link to other websites or resources on the Internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to the Site. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. These other websites are not under Notice Kiosk's control, and you acknowledge that Notice Kiosk is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Notice Kiosk or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that Notice Kiosk shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
Content and License
You agree that the Service contains Content specifically provided by Notice Kiosk or its partners and that such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service.
Notice Kiosk grants each user of the Site and/or Service a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use, modify and reproduce the Content, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for other than personal, non-commercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Notice Kiosk, or from the copyright holder identified in such Content's copyright notice. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right.
‘Add-to-Notice Kiosk’ Link
If you include Notice Kiosk’s ‘Add-to-Notice Kiosk’ Link (“Add-to Link”) on your website, the following additional terms apply to you:
- You may not display the Add-to Link in a manner that does not permit successful linking to, redirection to the Service. You may not insert any intermediate page, splash page or other content between the Add-to Link and the Service.
The Service provides you with the ability to add, create, upload, submit, distribute or post (“Submitting” or “Submission”) content, videos, audio clips, written forum comments, data, text, photographs, software, scripts, graphics, or other information to the Site (collectively, the “User Submissions”). By Submitting User Submissions on the Site or otherwise through the Service, you:
- acknowledge that you are publishing that User Submission, and that you may be identified publicly by your Email in association with any such User Submission;
- hereby do and shall grant Notice Kiosk a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the User Submissions in connection with the Site, the Service and Notice Kiosk’s (and its successors and assigns’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) or the Service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites). You also hereby do and shall grant each user of the Site and/or the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Site and the Service, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions solely for personal, non-commercial use. For clarity, the foregoing license grant to Notice Kiosk does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Submission(s), including the right to grant additional licenses to the material in your User Submission(s), unless otherwise agreed in writing;
- agree to pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity due to your Submission of any User Submissions to the Service;
- represent and warrant that the use or other exploitation of such User Submissions by Notice Kiosk and use or other exploitation by users of the Site and Service as contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights; and
- understand that Notice Kiosk shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate any materials, content or information submitted by you; and that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated and that Notice Kiosk will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content; and that Notice Kiosk cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using the Service.
Notice Kiosk has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Notice Kiosk has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gains access to the Site; what Content you access via the Site; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release Notice Kiosk from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Notice Kiosk makes no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Site, and Notice Kiosk will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site or the Service.
THE SERVICE AND ADD-TO LINK ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE” AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. NOTICE KIOSK, AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (D) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Electronic Communications Privacy Act Notice (18USC 2701-2711): NOTICE KIOSK MAKES NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SITE. Notice Kiosk will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on Notice Kiosk’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL NOTICE KIOSK, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR ADD-TO LINK (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR (III) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) ONE-HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100.00). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Integration and Severability
You may contact Notice Kiosk at the following address: 244 5th Avenue, Suite 242 M, New York, NY 10001
Effective Date: February 17, 2011
It is Notice Kiosk's policy to (1) block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users; and (2) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
A. Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements:
If you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through the Notice Kiosk Web site or service infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed; Identification of works or materials being infringed; Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Notice Kiosk is capable of finding and verifying its existence; Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address; A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner. B. Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is Received by the Designated Agent:
It is Notice Kiosk's policy:
to remove or disable access to the infringing material; to notify the content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and that repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that Notice Kiosk will terminate such content provider's, member's or user's access to the service. Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent:
If the content provider, member or user believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, the content provider, member or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
A physical or electronic signature of the content provider, member or user; Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access to has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled; A statement that the content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and Content provider's, member's or user's name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content provider's, member's or user's address is located, or if the content provider's, member's or user's address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Notice Kiosk is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement. If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Notice Kiosk may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Notice Kiosk's discretion.
Please contact Notice Kiosk's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement at the following address: Marcin Tartas, 244 5th Avenue, Suite 242 M, New York, NY 10001, email: email@example.com
- For the most part, information you submit to the Service will be available only to users you designate as Notice Kiosk ‘friends.’ ‘Friend’ relationships on the Notice Kiosk Service are bilateral, meaning each party must approve of the friend linkage before it is enabled. You can limit the amount of your Notice Kiosk Service activity that is shared with your Notice Kiosk friends through your privacy settings.
- In some limited cases, your Notice Kiosk Service activity is broadcast to the wider Notice Kiosk community (e.g. showing your name in the ‘who’s here’ list after someone checks in to a given place). You can opt out of such broadcasts through your privacy settings.
- You can choose to broadcast your Notice Kiosk Service activity to third party services like Facebook or Twitter, or you can opt out of doing so through your privacy settings. You have full control on what Notice Kiosk Service activity is broadcast to third party services such as Facebook and Twitter.
What Personal Information Does Notice Kiosk Collect?
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve our services and to allow our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service. In connection with the Service, we request and display some personal information to other users and visitors of the Service, which allows users to identify each other. We collect the following types of information from our customers.
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, user name, address, email address, phone number, IP address, use information and browser information. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to interact with other users, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network, and to develop new tools for the community.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Service or services. Notice Kiosk automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. Notice Kiosk only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the Service or services so that we can make the Service appealing to as many customers as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and our Service, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, Notice Kiosk never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
Personal Email Communications:
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from Notice Kiosk if your computer supports this type of program. Notice Kiosk uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful and improve our service. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference during the registration process, by making a modification on your account settings page.
Personal What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Notice Kiosk cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USING THE SERVICE
The Service is primarily designed to help you share information, including your location, with others. This not only includes the information that you provide directly to Notice Kiosk, but also information that you broadcast to third party services using the Service. You can control your information through your privacy settings accessible through the ‘settings’ tab once you’re logged into the Service.
Information you submit to the Service will be available to users of the Service that you allow to access such information (friends etc.). Your name and profile picture thumbnail will be available in search results across the Service network and those limited pieces of information may be made available to third party search engines. This is primarily so your friends can find you and send a friend request. People who see your name in searches, however, will not be able to access your information unless they have a relationship to you (friends etc.) that allows such access based on your privacy settings.
Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Service, that information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular features and, unless selected otherwise, may be available to the wider Notice Kiosk community or may be published on the Notice Kiosk website, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines. Individuals reading this information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. Therefore, we urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in Shouts or Tips or other user-inputted content that you create in the Service (location or otherwise).
While the Service does allow you to note your location at restaurants, bars, stores (and so) throughout your community, at no time does Notice Kiosk ask you to provide your home address. You should be aware that if you or your friends add your home as a new venue in the Service database and that information is published on the Service (for example, via a user checking in to that home venue), that information may be published by third parties without our control.
Will Notice Kiosk Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Personal Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We may share your Personal Information only as described below.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We are affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses sell items or provide promotions to you through Notice Kiosk’s Service. In other situations, Notice Kiosk provides services, or sells products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business, if you have agreed to be solicited by marketing partners during the registration process.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Notice Kiosk’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
User profiles: User profile information including user name, Twitter account name, Facebook account name, and other information you enter may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Service. Users’ email addresses will not be directly revealed to other users by Company, except, when the user is "connected" to another user as a Friend and chooses to email them from within the Service.
Communication in response to User Submissions: As part of the Service, you will receive from Company email and other communication relating to your User Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that by posting such User Submissions, Company may send you email and other communication that it determines in its sole discretion relate to your User Submissions. The Company also will use your email to send you updates on when your Notice Kiosk friends check-in, when you receive a new friend request, and a Notice Kiosk newsletter – however, you can opt out of all of these communications on your Settings page.
Promotional Offers: As part of the Service you may be exposed to offers on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address.
Invitations: When you invite someone to join the Notice Kiosk community, please be aware that we will disclose your real name, as an invitation containing your name will be sent to the email address of the person you wish to invite. This information is necessary to make sure your invitee knows who has contacted them. To build a community based on trust and empathy, we feel this disclosure is necessary.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Notice Kiosk, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Notice Kiosk goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Notice Kiosk may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Protection of Notice Kiosk and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Notice Kiosk, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: For clarity, we may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as the number of users who checked in at a particular location (even if only one did).
Is Personal Information About me Secure?
Your Notice Kiosk account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Notice Kiosk endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, Notice Kiosk cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
what personal information can i access?
Notice Kiosk allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list will change as our Service changes.
- Username and password
- Phone number
- Email address
- User profile information
- Usage information
DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
Should you ever decide to delete your Notice Kiosk account, you may do so by contacting your local site administrator, or by clicking on the “delete your account” link on your account settings page. If you terminate your account, your profile, including any messages in your inbox and any promotional offers you received, will be removed from the site and deleted from Notice Kiosk’s servers. Because of the way we maintain Notice Kiosk, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information to use, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain Notice Kiosk features.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the “What Personal Information Can I Access” section above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You delete your account via your account settings page. Please note that Notice Kiosk will need to verify that you have the authority to delete the account, and some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send us a detailed message to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: October 1, 2011